Hi, I’m Kiki and I launched Maison Mouse as a space to indulge my love of all things Disney and fashion.
Both have always been a huge influence, from the childhood years I spent collecting Disney Princess Barbie dolls and sewing clothes for them to my time at Oxford University, during which I wrote a dissertation on the role of fairytales in modern literature and spent an Easter break interning at Vogue.
These days I live in London and work in media but can frequently be found in Disney parks and stores across the globe.
Disney, meanwhile, have spent the last few years developing their consumer products division into a legitimate fashion brand, partnering with everyone from high street stores such as Forever21 and H&M to fashion houses including Cartier and Lanvin and in 2012 they made their London Fashion Week debut.
Maison Mouse focuses on Disney collaborations, events and items from clothes and cosplay to cosmetics, accessories and even homewares (where they’re really cute).
Disney and Me: Five Disney-Related Facts
- I’ve been to four out of five Disney parks: Paris, Tokyo, California and Florida (all that’s left is Hong Kong… and Shanghai when it’s completed in 2015!)
- My favourite Disney princess is Belle from Beauty and the Beast
- I cry whenever I watch Up (I’ve even cried about it when I’m not watching it!)
- In 2012 I worked with the Prince Charles Cinema in London to put on a four-month DisneyPixar season
- My favourite Disney item is a fully-functional Mrs Potts teapot (below) and my dream Disney item is a pair of glass slippers (like the Maison Martin Margiela ones, above)
Get in touch by emailing me at kiki [at] maisonmouse.com or on Twitter